Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekly Meal Plan

And I am SO not ready for this week- weekends are fun when busy, but I have to be very careful to have a plan when I return so that we don't just eat JUNK/ so we have fresh food available, and so I have enough time AND ENERGY!!! to cook something!!!  (I am barely there, but faking it until I make it).

Sunday:  sweet potatos,  cottage cheese and beans.  (just got back in town and needed a low key/ quick and healthy plan.)

Monday:  Spinach "burgers", homemade applesauce, whole grain apple bread, and carrots.  Yes, again a hodge podge, but we need some veggies and these spinach burgers pack in the spinach and the kids LOVE THEM!  I am making homemade applesauce in crockpot and haven't ever done this before... whole grain apple bread was a recipe that  made 2 loaves a few weeks ago, and I am just pulling it out of freezer!
***recipe for spinach burgers is pitifully simple:  jam a half bag at least of spinach into food processor and push button.  now mix that with 1 egg, 1/4 whole wheat bread crumbs (if you want to add anything spices, any basil or other herbs, feel free to). then put 1/4 cup amounts on a skillet for 1-2 minutes/side and they make little patties.  My kids call them either spinach burgers or pancakes and they gobble them up and I cannot believe it!!  They are great little snacks also.

Tuesday:  pumpkin pancakes (this is in the middle of 2 soccer practices, so can be an easy make and eat/reheat if needed for some!)

Wednesday:  Taco salad w/ ground turkey.

Thursday:  fat free refried beans/cheese on whole wheat tortillas... again... a meal in the car for half the family.

Friday:  fish, steamed zucchini and broccoli, pumpkin muffins.

Saturday:  ryan and forrest out to boy scout camp/ phoebe is out with a friend.. i'll be on my own and will have a nice salad with lentils/tomato/feta since noone else loves this as much as i do!

**email me for recipes of any of these or questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment