Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Five!

FABULOUS FIVE on FRIDAY!

1.  This week, I feel like I am back on my running legs--- not fast, but after a dry needling physical therapy appointment last week, I am in so much less pain.  I do have a lingering little bit of tightness that is making me still be very mindful of stretching and being conservative, BUT..nothing debilitating!  Why did I not go to see Larry (my physical therapist) 5 weeks ago when it began?? sigh:)

2.  "Present Over Perfect", by Shauna Neiquist:  I just read and finished this book within the week and it was so needed.  I read it wondering if I may have written it (with a great editor, haha)... I couldn't have put this into words myself as well as the author, but it was exactly things I feel.  It talks about "leaving behind frantic for a simpler, more soulful way of living."  I am excited to be delving in from the beginning AGAIN and taking notes on some of my favorite thoughts and words.  It was just too good to only read once!

3.  Being 13:  there was a CNN special by Anderson Cooper about technology/social media use by teens and oh my word.  What am I in for?  I don't know the answers, but I am going to do my best to be on top of communicating with my kids about these issues... ongoing communication (and monitoring!!)

4.  Swimming-- I am proud of myself for working so hard at the thing that I struggle with!  What is that for you?  Share and tell me how you're working on it!


5.  HALLOWEEN!  I am so excited!  The kids make this day and the lead up so fun!  I am making Forrest's costume- he wanted to be Snoopy, and I rag tagged a bunch of things together that I am so excited for his costume!  Phoebe is being a "baby" and is really excicted to wear a "pajama onesie" around trick or treating!!! yea, so much fun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment