Saturday, November 19, 2016

meal planning week of 11/20

Happy Thanksgiving week!

This weeks meal planning is both easy and hard:  Thanksgiving then leftovers for a bit probably, so that takes up a few days.... But then I wanted to plan some healthy things Sunday through Wednesday that don't take up too much fridge room while our turkey thaws!

Here is my plan:
*Sunday:  chicken and stir fry (broccoli, pineapple) over whole grain pasta.
*Monday:  falafel plus salad and green beans.  making mac and cheese for the kids (with the leftover whole wheat pasta because my lil dude is freaking STARVING these days.  literally.  He looks like he is at a buffet at the dinner table-- and he is the shortest kid in his class, so I am all for feeding him to the hilt to get him  GROWING!!!
*Tuesday:  Leftover chicken made into salad wraps with mango salsa.  banana whole wheat muffins.
*Wednesday:  Pasta with meatballs and salad.  I have an open jar of sauce I want to get rid of and meatballs frozen already made that I want to use up/make room in freezer for leftover turkey.  Plus again.... the boy....
*Thursday:  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
*Friday:  leftovers!
*Saturday:  if we are too tired of leftovers already, we will have a cauliflower crust pizza /homemade.

Our Thanksgiving menu is FULL! I love cooking as if I have an entire army coming we are having:
turkey, stuffing, deviled eggs, cranberries, Brussel sprouts/butternut squash/cranberry dish, sweet potato with pineapples/cherries, mashed potatoes, pumpkin chocolate bread, lime jello with mandarin oranges... I mean really... there is no need in the world.  but yes, we are!!!
Dessert - pumpkin cheesecake- never made before, but going for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment