Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Mantra

Happy new week, and..... it was a rough weekend here... sheesh.
on all accounts... but... moving on....

moving on.... moving on.... always moving on.. right?

Over the years, I've learned fitness and training and LIFE is such a BLEND of priorities meshing with life, doing our best and.... moving right along.......

That doesn't mean we can discount our efforts.
It doesn't mean we are off the hook, excuses at the ready...
but it means that we have BIG questions to ask....
what do we choose.  what is important... and... what is the MOST important to our BIG PICTURE....

Today, I took the time to run into the pool for a quick swim- I had a cancellation for a training session and was RIGHT by the pool, so I decided it was worth it to even get a short swim in.... and later when I planned to run.... I went out and ... half mile in.. I had to listen to my heart and body.

I stopped and walked home.
My hamstring and hip have been bothering me.   And I could feel it.
My heart was hurting... Have had some rough days and some big things weighing on me.  and this is not the time of year to push for me.... I am saving myself, and taking care of myself... and listening to myself... and learning these most basic of lessons.  I am repeating to myself that it is ok to listen to myself.... I am trusting that it will be. 
It will be okay...
In the end, it is always okay..

No comments:

Post a Comment